Accredited and trusted digital marketing experts
County Stone Granite is a one of the south of England’s leading suppliers of top quality granite, quartz and other stones for kitchens, fireplaces and memorials. The family-owned business is based outside Arundel, and for over 20 years has provided craftsman-finished stones for private and commercial clients throughout Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey.
The business was keen to grow and had engaged a larger SEO agency. However, they had a strong feeling that their investment was not delivering good enough results. Their accountancy firm, a very satisfied Smart Monkey client, suggested they move to Smart Monkey, which they did in June 2020.
At the time, County Stone were getting most of their new business from word of mouth recommendations. The website was generating good search volumes, but mainly for AGA cookers, a product which the business had nothing to do with. Inevitably the result was a lot of bounces from frustrated AGA seekers, as well as wasted time and effort for customer service staff fielding enquiries about AGAs.
The problem was that the County Stone website was suffering from no clear keyword mapping. Google was getting confused about which page to rank for different search terms. Further problems included thin content, weak meta data and no keywords with decent ranking relating to kitchen worktops, even though these are the primary source of revenue for the business.
We agreed with County Stone that we would:
Improve SEO foundations to make the website technically clean
Increase site visibility through meta optimisation and relevant content creation
Improve conversion rate optimisation to drive more online enquiries
What we did
We took a thorough, step-step approach covering technical and strategic aspects of SEO:
- Carried out a technical SEO audit and site clean up
- Optimised Google My Business and cleaned up citations to improve local ranking results
- Undertook thorough keyword research and URL mapping
- Optimised meta data
- Audited content
- Created an achievable SEO strategy
- Improved and optimised existing content to improve rankings
- Created new content targeting new keywords and content gaps
- Clarified and strengthened calls to action across the website to encourage enquiries
- Implemented conversion rate optimisation techniques on key landing pages and contact pages to make it easier, and more appealing for prospects to make an enquiry
- Implemented a new, user-friendly meganav menu
First year results
In the first 12 months of working with County Stone, we had achieved:
in search visibility
in organic traffic
in online enquiries
Ranking for over 230 highly relevant keywords on the 1st page of Google with a monthly search volume of 77k
Talk to a digital marketing expert
With over 16 years’ providing digital services, we know what needs to happen to rank your website on Google – we do it day in, day out, and thrive on seeing the results we achieve. Working with Smart Monkey, you will benefit from:
- better results online for your B2B, B2C or ecommerce website
- a mastermind of Google Accredited SEO & PPC professionals on your team
- direct contact with the talented team members working on your website
- an independent and agile digital marketing agency that treats your business as though it is our own
We don’t take on every client – we will only work with you if we are confident that we can generate results. Fill in our form or book a consultation to set up a call and we will analyse your website, market and competitors to provide our recommendations for the results we can achieve.